Public Appearance Rates
Speaking and teaching
These rates apply for literary festivals, residencies, writers centres, tertiary institutions, and other public appearances except for schools. Members are encouraged to negotiate fees that are higher than the minimum.
- Whole day (max. 6 hours) $880
- Half day (max. 3 hours) $550
- Per session (max. 1 hour) $350
- Keynotes $1000 (This does not include online or print publication - which must be negotiated separately).
- Weekly rate (max. 5 days - average 6 hours per day) $3600
Schools (primary and secondary)
Groups of over 120 or with mixed ages may incur an additional charge. Sessions may run for 45-60 mins, to be set by the speaker. Workshops for longer may be negotiated.
- Whole school day (max. 3 sessions) = $600
- Half school day (max. 2 sessions) = $450
- Per school session (max. 1 session) = $300
- Weekly school rate (max. 5 days - average 3 sessions per day) $2500
NB: This discounted rate applies only if the booking is for one school, for a one-week block.
Sessions may run for 45-60 mins, to be set by the speaker.
- Whole school day (max. 3 sessions) = $550
- Half school day (max. 2 sessions) = $400
- Per school session (max. 1 session) = $250
This rate is for events where an author is required to read or perform their work individually, for a maximum of 30 minutes: $230
Panel member participant rate (interim)
This rate is for circumstances where an author participates as a member of a panel with three or more participants (including the chair/mediator), to discuss and issue or to present their views, with no preparation required. Metro travel time (home to city and return, or similar) is included.
Total: $147.50 (ex GST)
In the event of a late cancellation of a speaking engagement, a cancellation or "kill fee" to the speaker should apply.